The Marvin Barish Right Start provides tuition vouchers towards the cost of a Jewish early childhood education. Families enrolling their first child in a Jewish early childhood program for the first time are eligible to receive a voucher ranging from $1,000 to $2,000. Need help figuring out which Jewish preschool is best for your family? Marvin Barish Right Start is happy to talk to you about your choices. A staff member is available for on-line, phone and in-person consultations. For questions contact Lisa Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org • 713-729-7000
Marvin Barish Right Start™ is a gift to families from the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston thanks to the generosity of the Marvin Barish Early Childhood Endowment, which is held at the Houston Jewish Community Foundation, and other local donors.
For the flyer click here.
FAQs – For answers to frequently asked questions click here.
To be eligible for a Marvin Barish Right Start Signature Voucher, a child must be:
- Enrolling in a Jewish early childhood program for the first time
- The first child in the family to attend a Jewish early childhood program
- A member of a family where at least one parent identifies as Jewish
- Enrolling in a Marvin Barish Right Start-affiliated program during the academic year
- Enrolling in a class where the child attends independently and meets at least 2 times/week
Families may receive one of the following Marvin Barish Right Start Signature Vouchers:
- $1,000 if the child plans on attending 2 or 3 days/week
- $2,000 if the child plans on attending 5 days/week
- Only one voucher per child may be redeemed
- The deadline for submitting a Marvin Barish Right Start application is within three months of the child’s start date
- Twins/multiples are eligible for the Signature Vouchers (if they are your first children). When applying for twins/multiples, please fill out a separate application for each child