Israel experience – June 21 – June 30, 2024 (participants pay for airfare and deposit – land costs will be covered by the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston)
In loving memory of Shirley Barish, z’l, the mission of the Shirley Barish Educators’ Israel Experience is to strengthen the participating educators’ personal connections to Israel.
Not only is traveling to Israel incredibly important to show support for the State and the people of Israel, but also to further build a connection to and love for Israel. Educators will be empowered to have a direct impact on their students’ own personal relationship with Israel in their lifelong Jewish journey.
Pre-trip and post-trip education sessions prepare participants for this incredible experience and ways to bring this experience back to classrooms.
Criteria for participation are as follows:
· Educator in the Greater Houston Jewish Community working in formal secular or Judaic studies in early childhood, day school or congregational school
· First time traveler to Israel or have not visited Israel in the past 7 years
· Educators that have NOT been on a teacher trip with the Jewish Federation
· Educators may be Jewish or non-Jewish
· $500 deposit refundable through April 15, 2024 (paid by participant or sponsoring organization)
· Responsible for all airfare costs to and from Israel (paid by participant or sponsoring organization)
· Required to attend pre and post trip education sessions (all at 7-8:30 pm)
· Pre trip: March 31, May 19, June 2
· Post trip: September 15
· Spouses/Partners of accepted participants may attend if space allows and will be required to cover the full cost of the trip (airfare and land costs)
Please contact Marna Meyer at email@example.com if you have any questions.