March 29, 2020 3:30PM - 8:00PM
J-Serve Houston 2020, re-imagined and online!
In these turbulent times, it’s easy to get lost in the fear of how this Covid 19 pandemic will affect our constantly changing world. While we are unsure of the future, we are reminded that we need each other, and as challenging as it is right now, we must remember that life is better when we show up as a community.
J-Serve, a worldwide group of Jewish teens and organizations, including the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston, had planned an inspiring day of community service for March 29, 2020 in partnership with Houston Food Bank. Unfortunately, this volunteer event must now be postponed due to the pandemic. While we cannot meet in person, we will be gathering virtually to learn ways that we can make a difference right now and on Sunday. Instead of physically meeting, we invite you to give time, give food, give funds however you can, and more specifically, make a difference in any of the following ways:
1) Continue to support our friends and neighbors at the Houston Food Bank
2) Join us online and attend the National BBYO On Demand virtual community this Sunday
And join our Houston community for the following sessions:
Afternoon sessions (choose one to attend):
• J-Serve at Home: Conversations About Mental Health at 3:30 PM CST
• J-Serve: How to make a difference for animals during Social Distancing at 4:00 PM CST
Early Evening Sessions (choose one to attend):
• Advocacy: Food Justice at 6:00 PM CST
• Advocacy: Housing / Houselessness at 6:30 PM CST
Closing session (with teens from all over the world!):
• J-Serve Prime Time: A Worldwide Celebration of Service and Philanthropy at 8:00 PM CST