Support Houston recovery from Winter Storm Uri and other disasters.
SBP will be holding a webinar for FEMA & Insurance navigation this week. This webinar is free and is intended to educate residents on how to best navigate filing and insurance claim and seeking assistance through FEMA.
Navigating Disaster Recovery: Saturday, February 27, 2021 3:00 pm CST
- Harris County Residents can report home damage
- Report all damage to your home; we cannot get FEMA funding unless the state can show a certain threshold of damage
- Ft. Bend County residents can report damage here
- Please report so we can qualify for FEMA funds
- Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners – Find a licensed plumber (by city and county)
- Plumbers Local 68
- How to turn off your home’s main water line and drain the system
- Muck and Gut guide from SBP
- Guide on what to know when filing a claim
- HOME DAMAGE REPORT SURVEY: If your home was impacted by the winter storm, please fill out this form: https://bit.ly/3aF31Bs
- FEMA DISASTER ASSISTANCE: Aid can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs. Visit http://bit.ly/FREEZEAssistance to see if you qualify!
- TEMPORARY EXEMPTION FOR PROPERTY OWNERS: If you have experienced physical damage to your property due to the recent freezing temperatures, apply for a temporary disaster exemption here: https://bit.ly/3bAmCSn
- Report price gouging (Harris County)
- Report contracting fraud (Texas)
- Home repair fraud (Lone Star Legal Aid)
- (Lone Star Legal Aid)
- Many testing sites are closed through Friday, February 19, 2021. There are limited open options.
- Houston Health will resume vaccinations this weekend (Feb 20-21)
Harris County Area Agency on Aging
- If you are 60 or older, live in Harris County and in need of food or other services, call 832-393-4301