Position: Director of Women’s Philanthropy
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston (www.houstonjewish.org) is to preserve and enrich Jewish communal life through innovative and visionary leadership that is responsible and responsive to Jewish communities locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Houston seeks a Director of Women’s Philanthropy with proven leadership, strategic planning and organizational skills who will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies to increase the annual campaign and financial resource development. Additionally, the Director will plan, implement, and manage the Women’s Philanthropy program of the Federation.
In partnership with the Chief Development Officer, volunteers and professionals, the Director of Women’s Philanthropy will lead both short- and long-term efforts focused on growing and enhancing the Women’s Philanthropy program and campaign, as well as work across divisions to foster a culture of collaboration, excellence and support of change and transition for the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive women’s philanthropy campaign plan.
• Manage a comprehensive donor and prospect portfolio and meet annual fundraising targets.
o Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and prospects.
o Expand new donor base, as well as focus on the growth of donors within the three women’s philanthropy giving societies - Pearl, Pomegranate and Lion of Judah.
o Individually cultivate prospects who not only have the potential to become donors to the Federation but those who have potential for leadership positions within the Federation.
• Identify, educate, and motivate volunteers to actively participate in the women’s philanthropy campaign and women’s philanthropy programming.
• Manage special projects within women’s philanthropy.
• Develop, plan and execute events, including annual campaign, education and outreach to further the engagement of both current and prospective women donors, including Women’s signature event and Collage Luncheon; create goals and metrics for all events.
• Collaborate on Federation-wide events to ensure women’s philanthropy is included strategically and effectively.
• Prepare and manage budgets for women’s philanthropy events.
Leadership and Collaboration
• Create, organize and implement fundraising and leadership development strategies and tactics.
• Work to support culture of development in the organization and work collaboratively across departments.
• Work closely with the Women’s Philanthropy Chair in developing women’s philanthropy objectives.
• Staff the women’s philanthropy board, including the management of board and committee meetings. Create programming for Women’s Board engagement.
• Participate in community activities and serve as a leadership role model for women in the community.
• Promote the highest level of customer service to ensure donor satisfaction.
• Recruit and train volunteer lay leaders as needed.
• Maintain relationships with the National Women’s Philanthropy, other partner organizations and the professional staff of Jewish Federation of North America (JFNA).
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience and success in a non-profit fundraising organization.
• Prior experience working for a Jewish organization a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Management skills and experience.
• Knowledge of standard and innovative fundraising techniques.
• Experience in non-profit sector and working with volunteers, boards and committees.
• Emotional intelligence and maturity.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively.
• Creativity, Initiative and flexibility and one who thrives in a dynamic setting.
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the Jewish community is required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.