Position: Planning & Allocations Associate
Department: Planning & Allocation Department
Date: December 18, 2017
Are you an experienced planning professional that is always looking for a challenge?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Are you an entrepreneur, like generating new ideas and able to multitask?
Do you get fulfillment from working in a non-profit environment where your work really makes a difference in the community?
If so, you may be the perfect candidate for this position!
The Planning and Allocations position offers a unique opportunity to help effect change – to see the difference made in the community by directly serving the needs that exists and anticipate future community needs. You will assist in identifying the needs of the Houston Jewish community and working with appropriate partners to meet those needs. He/she will manage committee processes related to local agency relations and one area of overseas partnership; gather and analyze data to assess impact of Federation investments; oversee financial reporting from partner agencies and schools; ensure ongoing communication and relationships with partner agencies/schools. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about service to the Jewish Community, detail-oriented but can be big-picture focused, intellectually curious, and resourceful.
- Provide staff support and leadership for assigned lay leadership committees, subcommittees and agency professionals to meet community needs
- Ensure the regular collection, review and analysis of program data and financial information from our partner agencies
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of programs and provide reports and recommendations to relevant lay and professional bodies
- Oversee our efforts to establish and maintain clear outcomes for funded partnerships
- Provide leadership and input into allocation recommendations
- Convene local partner agencies to collaborate on issues of similar nature
- Provide data and information to Marketing and Campaign departments to assist in preparing campaign materials
- Develop and maintain expertise by keeping current on research, trends, emerging programs and best practices in the field
- Interact with Financial Resource Development department to support work of annual and supplemental campaigns where appropriate
- Assist with analysis of Federation-commissioned and other research to provide important information for planning, priority setting, and program development
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrable skills and experience in interacting with a wide constituency of community members, including lay and professional leadership and partner agencies
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in Jewish communal structure/organizations, the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and traditions. Subject matter expertise through education and/or experience in some or all disciplines represented by the position
- Demonstrated and exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in research, analysis, program development, management and evaluation
- Understanding of non-profit budgets and financial analysis
- Experience working with non-profit financials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Advanced degree in Non-profit Management, Social Service, Research, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in social planning, grant funding, grant management, policy analysis, evaluation and research methods
- Prior working experience in community organizing, community relations and/or planning and program development functions. Working for a Jewish community agency preferred
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organization is desirable
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using subject line PlanningAllocations2017. Our network is at the core of all we do. If you received this email from someone, please indicate who that person was in the subject as follows: Planning2017-Network-(individuals name).
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston is to preserve and enrich Jewish communal life through innovative and visionary leadership that is responsible and responsive to Jewish communities locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world.