For more than 20 years, the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston has offered unforgettable Missions to Israel. This fall, join us on a one-of-a-kind journey through Israel with five track options to choose from. Spend three days on the track of your choice, one day enjoying a special Shabbat experience in Jerusalem, and two days for additional options to round out your expedition. You will also have the opportunity to spend time in our partner city of Petach Tikvah and see the work of Federation partner agencies who are making progress in the areas of education, pluralism, and providing for at-risk olim.
The Mission is made possible by a generous grant from the Velva G. & H. Fred Levine Israel Community Mission Fund.
Take a look at the exciting itinerary.
Which Experience Will You Choose?
Highlights Include: Street art, fashion & jewelry design, backstage tour of Israel’s national theater Habima, a musical tour of Jaffa, a Middle Eastern cooking workshop, a Vertigo Dance Company performance.
Highlights Include: Helping clean the polluted Yarkon river, mountain biking Tel Aviv, Krav Maga, IDF mini boot camp, meditative walk in the Carmel Forest, Tornado Boat ride.
Highlights Include: Explore the diversity of Tel Aviv architecture, meet with young entrepreneurs and check out the culture of a high tech start up, visit the Binyamin Region Visitors Center and experienced life in a Jewish settlement in a disputed area, meet with a leading researcher from the Institute of National Security, meet artists and designers to explore Israel’s fashion and art world, explore innovative schools that focus on diversity and inclusion.
Highlights Include: Tour Haifa with students from the Leo Baeck Education Center including visiting a multicultural neighborhood, visit Ramallah in the West Bank, meet soldiers at an army base, hear from a leading researcher of the INSS Institute for National Security Studies, take the new fast train to Jerusalem, ride on Jerusalem’s light rail to see the mosaic of its population.
- Cost: $5,988 per person based on double occupancy, land only
- Young adult, 40 and under, $3,988 per person based on double occupancy
- Suggested minimum gift to 2023 Annual Campaign $2,400 household or $1,000 household young adult, 40 and under
- Price per person based on double occupancy. There is a single supplement of $1,880. Airfare is not included and should be booked by participants.
Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
Hilton Tel Aviv
Leslie & Russ Robinson
President & CEO
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to departure, you will receive a full refund.
- If cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to departure you will receive a travel credit valid for 18 months of travel through J2 Travel, the land travel agent. Hotel cancellation fees may apply.
- If the trip is canceled by the Federation, you will receive a full refund.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.