This reform synagogue, affiliated with the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, was established in 1944. Its more than 50-year history embraces openness to new and innovative ideas in worship, education, and programming. This ""do-it-yourself"" congregation welcomes creative talents and a willingness to volunteer. Jewish values come to life through active participation in programs, such as the congregation's annual Mitzvah Day. Spirituality is deepened through its worship services, which blend the traditional with the contemporary in prayer and song. Educational opportunities for all ages abound, reflecting the traditional Jewish ideal of lifelong learning. The exceptional pre-school program, outstanding religious/Hebrew school, and the comprehensive adult and continuing study program evidence the congregation's on-going commitment to Jewish education.